How to stop notifications here

How do I stop all these emails every time someone posts to this board? I have my email settings for sending a summary but I am getting a ton of emails a day when people post or respond. I’m about to go insane. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have screenshotted the page you can navigate to to update these settings. You can get there by clicking “My Posts”. Then Click “Preferences” on the top right hand corner of that screen. Then select “Emails” from the options underneath preferences. Then you can update your emails notifications settings.

I also have changed the default email settings based on your feedback so hopefully this is a less of an issue going forward!

1 Like

I’m so glad you asked this, Valerie! I kept meaning to get on here and ask about it too.

And thank you for changing that default, Michael. I’m a bit confused, though, because it looks like I already have my settings the way they are in that screenshot, with the Activity Summary set for just once a week, but I’m still getting numerous emails every day, each time someone posts or responds. Is it because I’m still technically logged in via my browser, even if the tab is closed? Should I log out every time I leave so that I won’t get these emails? It’s my personal laptop that is basically attached to me 24/7, so I just realized I never really bothered to log out.

1 Like

I just checked my settings, and I also have it set to weekly (just changed it to daily), but I get a lot of emails. I think I got 8-10 emails today already.

1 Like

Yep, same here. I have “Email me when I am quoted, replied to, my @username is mentioned, or when there is new activity in my watched categories, tags or topics” set to NEVER and “Activity Summary” set to “Weekly” and I get multiple emails every day.

1 Like

Here is my setting but I am getting emails daily. I think yesterday I had 8 or more.

1 Like