Make editor more friendly

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but can you make the top of the editor fixed? So that the Details/Content/Publishing menu and the formatting menu stay at the top while the typing area scrolls? It is quite annoying having to scroll up to add formatting, especially with long chapters.

10 Likes

So much this!! I think this has been mentioned before, but it’s especially frustrating on mobile, for me.

1 Like

It’s horrible on my iPad. I can’t imagine doing it on a phone. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Second this! After publishing my chapters, I provide annotated versions to one tier and they often include lots of links for readers. It’s annoying and time consuming to have to scroll up for the link button then scroll down again to insert the URL.

3 Likes

It’s annoying on a PC, so I can’t imagine on an ipad or phone.

1 Like

This will come! On our list to add to Ream in the near future :).

3 Likes

I should be able to make the editor bar stick to the top of the page as you scroll. I’ll see what I can do this morning.

3 Likes

An improvement for this is now live. Check it out when you have time :relieved:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Sean!!!

Thanks for the quick response! The formatting bar sticks to the top when scrolling down, but as soon as I scroll back up (as I might if I’m looking for the text to format) it disappears and I have to scroll all the way back up to find it again. If you can make it stick both ways that would be awesome! I do appreciate your taking quick action on getting it to stick at all.

1 Like

The pinning doesn’t work using the Ream app on iOS. It still moves to the top when I’m adding chapters to my stories.

We will get on fixing this!

If you scroll down again right after scrolling up the formatting bar should appear again. Does it do that for you?

The formatting bar is there now. Thank you. But the top bar now drops to cover it. I took a video to show what is happening since it 's a little hard to describe. I don’t see an option to upload a video. How can I send it to you?