Banner, Profile Pic and Tier Images just got Nerfed - Community images fine

Hi folks,

Just a heads up that my banner got nerfed today for no particular reason (I haven’t been in the back-end or touched my graphics).

I clicked a comment reply link from my email and it loaded my Ream page correctly, and then it force-reloaded for no reason without the banner or profile pics (and I went to my Page and every image there was completely gone). I suspect it might have been nerfed before this because a reader reached out 2 minutes later to let me know my banner was gone, and I don’t think we were both on Ream at the same time this happen!

I’m going to reupload all the images, but I thought I’d give a heads up in case any other authors had experienced this?

1 Like

Hi Foxhall and welcome to the forum!

I’ve just been notified by the engineers that while restructuring the platform images related to a larger update you’ll be hearing about today, our server crashed, making the update take hours instead of minutes.

It also resulted in some images being removed, like yours Foxhall.

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. The image update was completed overnight (US time zones), so no further instances of this should occur.

As always, please let us know if you have Any technical issues or questions at support@reamstories.com.

Thanks!

Hi, I’m trying to set up my author page so I can start posting stories. But for some reason, my banner and profile images just won’t show up on my page. Each time I upload the banner image (in the correct size as per the instructions) and save it, it shows at that moment. But when I click on View in the bottom right tool bar, the images disappear. One time, they stayed but when I checked again a few minutes later, they had disappeared. This glitch is preventing me from posting stories and taking up valuable time. Please help! (My profile image continues to show in the left hand sidebar though not on the actual page.)

Hi Ash!

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried the following:

If you’ve tried all of the above and still can’t see your images, please contact my team at support@reamstories.com and we’ll look into it further for you.

Thanks!
Bobbie
Support Team Lead

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.