Cannot move chapters anymore

For some reason it won’t let me rearrange chapters by dragging them like I did in the past.

1 Like

Hi mirandaherald!

I tested moving chapters in the content tab of stories in my author dashboard, and I was able to click and hold my mouse down on the 6 dots and move the chapter order. As you can see in the attached image, chapter 5 is now ahead of chapter 3 and chapter 4 is out of view of the screenshot. Don’t forget to save your changes.

Was this what you meant? If not, please let us know at support@reamstories.com.
Thanks!

Hi Bobbie, I know I’m resurrecting a bit of an old thread here, but I just wanted to say I’m experiencing the same think and it’s quite temperamental.

It happens after editing and saving a chapter. When I try to reorder chapters, the mouse cursor goes to the correct form, but dragging does nothing. Then eventually it will start working again. Annoyingly, I tried to see what was going on with dev tools on one occasion but this triggered it to start working again.

Edit: I think I’ve narrowed it down to the fact that you have to hold the six dots for an unusually long time before trying to move the chapter. It’s not as responsive as similar buttons on other sites. If I wait for a second before dragging, it seems to work consistently.