Book description with tags displayed

On the list of books displayed on the author’s page, can we get the tags to display also? It’s a quick way of getting additional info about a book before clicking on it.

10 Likes

Seconding this, and honestly, as a feature I’d prefer this before subtitles.

3 Likes

To make sure I’m on the same page. The cover art that’s displayed on the authors page (And maybe other parts of Ream) put what they are tagged with on the cover, or like a roll over icon to see the tags?

I think the tags should be displayed next to the cover image. Otherwise, what are we writing tags for, if not to inform the reader of what to expect?

4 Likes

I second or third that!

1 Like

The tags should appear in the space below the short description (logline) of the book, not on the book cover image.

8 Likes

Yes, Annika, that’s exactly where I would expect to see the tags as a reader trying to decide whether or not I’m interested in reading any given story. I think they should also be like hashtags so that you can click on any tag and see other stories by the same author or other authors that use the same tag.

6 Likes

I agree that visible tags would be super. I’d only add that, because I target readers of many different genres, sometimes I don’t want a tag to be visible, but I do want it to be searchable. So I hope you can provide that sort of flexibility.

4 Likes

Definitely. Having tags searchable, but not always visible, is key!

3 Likes

I’m totally with you here. That’s exactly where we can put it! And also… amazing covers!!!

3 Likes

Yes, this! I’d really like for all of the content warnings to be displayed too, so that readers know what they’re getting into.

As a sub request, though I know this is complicated and not a simple thing to implement, would be super cool if tags and warnings were searchable too.

5 Likes

Along these lines, when I click on a book, I would like to see a stronger separation between “this is the book’s front page” and the actual reading. I’d be fine with needing to click one more time to move on to reading it, but I am not sure how others feel about it.

4 Likes

I agree with @Zagaroth on this.

I actually direct people to each book so they can start reading, but it just drops them into Episode 1 without even showing the cover.

It would be nice to have a cover page for each book, a full-screen view with the title, cover, description, tags, and genres.

4 Likes

This is amazing feedback. And definitely something we are taking into account!

2 Likes