Tier change refinement

I recently reconfigured my tiers, which I thought was pretty straightforward at the time.

Yesterday, while queueing new episodes, I happened to notice that the schedule for the old tiers (listed as Unknown) was still there, even though the old tiers were deleting (not archived).

Then I went through the frustrating process of setting up my new tiers. For my completed stories, it was a straightforward publish all. But the ones in process? Very very clunky.

I schedule out months in advance, so the queueing functionality is very important. I set up a new schedule for one story, then realized that it queued up all the episodes of the story because they had a checkbox next to queued and will never be released publicly. So then I had to go back through and manually publish each episode for the two new tiers I added.

I learned my lesson after that and for my other stories, I had to go uncheck Queued next to all of the episodes that I’ve published since starting with Ream before setting the schedule.

Needless to say, this was incredibly frustrating and makes it daunting to consider adding a new tier in the future. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

There must be a better way. I don’t know exactly what it is, but this was a lot of work for just adding a couple new tiers.

I also wish that when I added the new tiers, I’d gotten some kind of reminder to check the publishing schedule since new tiers are not automatically given access to stories. Dummies like me need that.

3 Likes